The Complete Web Developer Course is perfect place to learn all the essential skills a web developer needs, which are:
- Mobile Apps
- Responsive Design
Putting it all together: Making a Twitter clone
A detailed list to say. With that huge list of topics, the course has 245 lessons and 38.5 hours.
What Will You Learn?
- Build websites and web apps
- Build HTML-based mobile apps
- Get a job as a junior web developer
- Bid for projects on freelance websites
- Start your own online business
- Be a comfortable front-end developer
- Be proficient with databases and server-side languages
What else will you get?
- A friendly, informal community to support you every step of the way
- Personal contact with the course tutor
- Ebooks that will show you how to start earning before you’ve even finished
- Lifetime access to course materials
- Hands-on learning to lock that knowledge in
- A deep understanding of how to code, design and build powerful websites
- FREE UNLIMITED WEB HOSTING FOR ONE YEAR (worth $199) *Limited to one year per student not per course*
Here’s what you get with The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0
You’ll get access to twelve chapters that involve the building of successful websites.
Each chapter consists of over 40 hours of clear, intelligent video tutorials and practical website challenges.
- The course starts with the fundamentals. It’ll show you insider tips to work quickly and efficiently with web technologies like HTML5, CSS3 and Python.
- Once you’ve got that locked down, it’ll show you how to build your own responsive websites using more advanced techniques such as iQuery PHP 7, MySQL 5 and Twitter Bootstrap.
- By then you’ll be developing blogs and ecommerce sites with WordPress, and learn smart ways to add dynamic content, using APls to connect to sites such as Google Maps and Facebook.
- As we all know, the best way to learn is to do, so you’ll complete fun website challenges at every turn. Plus, as you fly through the course, you’ll use your skills to put a site together as you go. The final challenge is a full Twitter clone.
- No pre-knowledge is required – enthusiasm is all you need!
- A PC or Mac is required.
- No software is required in advance of the course (all software used in the course is free) of content. You also build 14 websites as a part of the course.
The course is taught by Rob Percival. Rob has a degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University and spend the first part of his career as a math teacher.
After building websites in his spare time for friends and family, he realized he enjoyed web development and it was a lucrative career so he gave up teaching to become a web developer full-time.
Here’s what I like about Rob’s teaching style:
- He’s eloquent and audible in his communication
- He can communicate complex details in easy-to-understand terms
- He has a very vast knowledge of web development
- He’s very active in the course chat and answers questions promptly
- He’s straight to the point and doesn’t pull on and on
Who can benefit from this course?
I believe this course is a great fit for developers who fall into the following categories:
- Brand new to web development and want the fastest learning path
- Learned a handful of languages but want to round out your skill set
- Intermediate developer and want to double-check all your learning to make sure you’re on track
- Self-taught and looking for clear outline of what you need to learn
- Just out of college and feel like you’re missing some of the in-demand skills.
Who is the target group?
- Individuals who want to learn to code
- Individuals who want to generate new income streams
- Individuals who want to build websites
- Individuals who want to become financially independent
- Individuals who want to start their own business or become freelance
The way it was taught, very systematic and informative. Rob really put himself to the view of a COMPLETE beginner students. He started from the “123’s” of coding and showing the students the big image and moving down to the every simple details of the subject. This really benefit the students completely.
Who Is the Course NOT For?
I believe the course won’t be useful to developers in the following categories:
- Advanced developer looking for very advanced topics
- Playing with code and not yet sure if web development is something you’re interested in
- Choose written tutorials over video tutorials
Positives of the Course
Here’s a list of the positives from the course:
- It really is complete covering all the essential topics
- Rob is a talented teacher who explains things well
- The course is laid out intelligently
- The video quality is excellent
- You build 14 real websites during the course
- Rob is active in the chat and answers questions
- It has a large student base (105,000+) so you have lots of other developers to learn with
How Do You Get the Course?
The Complete Web Developer Course is available on Udemy for a fee of $200. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn web developing.
I strongly believe that this course will really help most up and coming web developers as it is hard to find a complete course out there that is like this one. It is really amazing at the value of the content and I would without a doubt recommend it to anyone looking for a complete web developing course. I went from total novice to getting my first paid client, before I’d even finished the course, almost unbelievable. This course is very easy to follow along with how the course has been divided into small topics, the summary pages at the end of each topic are very useful to review if you have to take a break from the course, allowing you to pick up right where you left off. The best way to learn.